Description disponible en anglais uniquement.
In the past five years, the practice of “AI ethics” has gone from an exotic subspecialty to a recognized discipline in industry, government and beyond. At the same time, we hear a constant drumbeat of stories about bias, disinformation, lack of transparency, and questionable or harmful uses of AI both in industry and in civil society. In that context, it’s reasonable to ask what–especially in the absence of durable governance frameworks–do AI ethicists actually do? Join us as we discuss the current state of AI ethics in industry, what we’ve learned so far, and where we think we’re headed in the next 3-5 years.
- What are the elements of an AI ethics program?
- What issues do AI ethicists engage with?
- How do they manage the inevitable conflicts among stakeholders?
- What are the hardest problems, and which are the most tractable?
- What do we think the future looks like?